09 Mar DINNER: Smoked Paprika Baked-Not-Fried Chicken
I love my fried chicken, but I feel guilty of eating them too often. Sometimes when I crave for them, I make this easy healthy baked-not-fried alternative instead. It hardly uses any oil at all. It can be made gluten free if you use Gluten Free Cornflakes.
- 1 (850g) package of Bone-in Chicken Drumsticks And Thighs (skin-on or skinless optional)
- 50g Crushed Cornflakes (about 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Maldon salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F). Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Crush cornflakes either by putting in a freezer bag with rolling pin or in a food proccessor.
- In a small shallow bowl (any plate with a rim that can hold small amout of liquid), whisk egg with 2 tbsp of yoghurt (can be substitute with sour cream or water). In another large shallow bowl, mix cornflakes with oil, cayenne, smoked paprika and 1 tsp of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Working one piece at a time, dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with seasoned cornflakes, pressing the cornflakes to help them adhere. Transfer coated pieces to a foil lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes.